Thinking of Selling Your Low Country Home? Here are the Best Home Improvements for a Higher Resale Price
If you are thinking of selling your Hilton Head Island or Bluffton home in the near future, now is a great time to start considering the best home improvements to make to help you get the best resale value. Savvy home sellers know that if you want to get the most money for your home, it is crucial that it be in tip top shape to attract buyers and command the asking price. Do not underestimate the value some minor home improvements can add to your bottom line when you sell your home.
As experienced Realtors in Bluffton, we know that our clients need to start taking an inventory now of the things they can do to increase the value of their home and have it looking its finest when the listing hits the market. Here are some tips about the best home improvements to make on your home for sale on Hilton Head Island or Bluffton home for sale.
Home Improvements to Make for Best Resale Profits
- Don’t Forget the Yard – Do not underestimate the
rolea colorful row of flowers or a well-manicured lawn plays when people are house hunting. Replace overgrown shrubs with pretty, flowering plants, and other eye-catching focal points like a stone walkway or paved path to add instant appeal and value to the home.
- Clever Kitchen Updates –Even minor kitchen updates can go a long way in increasing the appeal and the price of your home for sale. Consider updating any appliances you can, sanding and painting existing cabinets for a fresh new look and updating curtains and window trim to add a designer touch.
- Spruce Up the Bathroom – When a complete remodel is not an option, spruce up outdated bathrooms for a more modern feel to attract more buyers. Consider re-calking the tub, re-grouting any old looking tile, and replacing the toilet for a more modern look. Also, updating the bathroom mirror as well as the fixtures will enhance the home for buyers.
- Be Energy Efficient – Being energy efficient means being budget efficient in the eyes of a home buyer. While you may not actually be able to see these upgrades in your home for sale, an energy efficient home is a true favorite choice of home buyers today due to the potential long-term monetary savings it offers. Upgrading the HVAC system, insulation, water heaters, and windows are very popular upgrades with those looking to buy a home.
- Freshen Up the Walls – One of the most effective yet least expensive updates you can make is to give the walls of the home a fresh coat of paint. New paint not only lightens and brightens each room
,it also disguises any imperfections or defects to make the home look clean and fresh. Just be sure to choose a color that will be appealing to a wide variety of people such as a neutral yet urban gray tone.