If you are thinking about selling your Bluffton, Hilton Head Island, or Beaufort home, The Dufrene Group can help! Our team of experienced Realtors is here to assist you with selling your home quickly, for the most money…and with no stress to you at all!
From listing your Hilton Head Island home and taking photos for advertising purposes, to staging ideas, and helping you understand all of the technical lingo involved in the selling and closing of a home, the Dufrene Team is on your side from beginning to end!
Here are some tips for sellers to help you prepare your house for the home inspection the buyer will request prior to closing:
Preparing for a Real Estate Home Inspection
Offer Access to the Home – Be prepared to allow the home inspector access as needed to perform the necessary assessment of the home and property. Get rid of excess clutter that may impact access in areas
suchas attics, basements, storage rooms, etc.
Inspect for Insects – Be sure to address any known bug, spider, or wasp problems prior to the home inspection. Seeing some of these insects is normal in the SC Low Country, but it can still be an issue for some potential buyers.
Check for Water Leaks- Signs of water leaks or water damage are definitely on the top of the list for the home inspector. Be prepared and check for water issues near sinks and faucets, the base of toilets, bathtubs and showers. Be sure to also look at appliances such as dishwashers and refrigerators as well. Check walls, ceilings, and floors for tell-tale signs of water damage such as warping, staining, and sagging.
Keep Home Cleaned and Maintained – Seeing a well-kept and maintained home sends a good message to the home inspector and keeps all red flags at bay. Things like a fresh filter in the HVAC system, functioning toilets, and replacing burned-out light bulbs indicate that the home is taken care of.
Rely on Your Bluffton Realtor – Working with an experienced Realtor not only greatly reduces your stress, but also ensures you have an experienced person on your side that knows what to expect during Bluffton and Hilton Head Island home inspections. Rely on your Bluffton Realtor to guide you through the process.
The Dufrene Group Can Help You Sell Your Home in Bluffton, Hilton Head or Beaufort
If you are ready to sell your Bluffton, Hilton Head, or Beaufort home, the Dufrene Group can help! Get your FREE, NO OBLIGATION in Depth INSTANT Home Evaluation Report now! You can also give us a call at (843) 707-2267 or email us here! We are ready to help you sell your home and get the best price possible!
Exploring the SC Low Country truly never gets old. There is just so much to see and do on Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, and the surrounding areas. Whether you live here full time, have a vacation home here, or just dream of the day when you can buy a home on Hilton Head Island, you must take the time to discover and explore the area when possible. One place that you must put on your Bucket List is Daufuskie Island.
Just a short ferry ride across the Calibogue Sound from Hilton Head Island, Daufuskie Island is an unspoiled jewel many people never have the privilege of seeing. From its dirt roads and uncrowded beaches, to its history, hauntings, and vineyards – Daufuskie Island is not your ordinary Island.
Those who have been
havetheir own reasons for liking Daufuskie Island. Some love spending time on the uncrowded, pristine beaches, others like to listen to the live entertainment at Freeport Marina, while many come for the delicious Low Country food and drinks at the Old Daufuskie Crab Company. Everyone though comes to get away from hectic city life and slow down a bit.
Explore Daufuskie Island via a guided tour which takes you to all of the historic landmarks and popular sights or explore on your own with the self-guided golf cart adventure! Spend the day visiting Daufuskie Island’s historic landmarks, isolated beaches, delicious restaurants, and fun galleries filled with crafts from local artisans. Discover a whole new world on Daufuskie Island!
From the relaxing boat ride over, to the friendly locals, and Low Country ambiance, this unspoiled, undeveloped Island takes you back to a simpler time. Make it a point to take the ferry to Daufuskie Island. You will be glad you did!
The Dufrene Group Can Help You Own a Piece of Paradise
If you want to buy a vacation home on Hilton Head Island, a full-time home in Bluffton, or make your escape and own a home on Daufuskie Island, the Dufrene Group Realtors in Bluffton can help! Check out the area homes for sale here and contact us to schedule a tour of your favorites!
The new year is the perfect time for new beginnings – making this a great time to sell your Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, or Beaufort home. The Dufrene Group Realtors in Bluffton are here to help you every step of the way in selling your home. When you decide the time is right, we can help with everything to get the job done…and well!
Want to Know How Much Your Bluffton or Hilton Head Island House is Worth?
Get Your FREE No Obligation Home Value Report here. It’s easy! Simply enter your property address and we
willcreatea custom report for your home, including rent value, sales history, homes sold near you, market conditions along with other related data publicly available that will allow you to gain further insight on the value of your home.
This FREE report is instant! The requested information will be displayed instantly for you and will also be emailed to you to keep for your records! In fact, you can even get free instant updates by bookmarking this page and returning anytime.
The Dufrene Group Realtors in Bluffton Make a Difference
Selling a home is no easy task! From legal forms to home inspections, it can get complicated…and quick! Leave the stress to the Dufrene Team as we work hard to sell your home. From pricing, photos,
anddrone video, to staging, open houses, and marketing, real estate in Bluffton, SC and selling homes on Hilton Head Island is what we excel at.
Ready to Get Started Selling Your Home? Our Bluffton Realtor Can Help
When you’re ready to sell your Hilton Head or Bluffton home, the Dufrene Group is here to help. We will prepare and show your home to prospective buyers to help you negotiate the best offer to get the most for your home. From oceanfront condos, to homes in Bluffton, your Realtor in Bluffton is here to work for you to sell your home.
The Dufrene Group Realtors in Bluffton would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your support and friendship throughout 2018. What an amazing year it was here in beautiful Bluffton, SC and Hilton Head Island for our team and our families, and we are thankful to say that YOU played a part!
At the Dufrene Group, we really do strive to be the best Bluffton Realtors and do everything we possibly can to assist you with your Hilton Head Island real estate needs. Whether you are looking to buy a home in Bluffton, SC or sell a villa on Hilton Head Island, the Dufrene Group is here to help you get the best deal possible.
The Dufrene Group Wants to be Your Bluffton Realtor in the New Year
If you are ready to finally own that vacation home on Hilton Head Island or relocate to a friendly neighborhood in Bluffton with great schools and amenities, The Dufrene Group can help. The beautiful SC Low Country of Hilton Head Island, Beaufort, and Bluffton offer a variety of amazing opportunities for residential housing including oceanfront condos, homes on the May River, and amenity-filled communities with everything you could want!
Check out these Bluffton homes for sale and Hilton Head Island homes for sales at your leisure. When you are ready to get pre-approved for a home loan or would like to see some of the homes for sale, just contact us and we will schedule a tour!
The team at the Dufrene Group considers ourselves blessed to have had the opportunity to meet or work with all of you and wish you all the very best in 2019. Happy New Year!
Happy holidays y’all! The team at the Dufrene Group is excited about celebrating another coastal Christmas here in beautiful Bluffton and Hilton Head Island, SC. If you’re like us, one of your favorite parts of the holiday season, !!besides eating!!, is decorating and making your home to make it feel festive.
If you are lucky enough to call our seaside community home, you probably already know that Hilton Head Island homes and Bluffton homes are decorated a little different for Christmas than on the mainland. We love our coastal location and take pride in celebrating that throughout the holiday season.
Here are some holiday decorating tips to add a bit of coastal flair to your holiday celebration. For those of you who are still looking for homes for sale on Hilton Head Island, we hope this will inspire you to visit a Realtor in Hilton Head Island or a Bluffton Realtor, so you can soon add a coastal flair to every holiday celebration in your new Low Country home.
Holiday Decorating Tips for a Coastal Christmas
Beachy Garland – Gather your favorite seashells, sand dollars, and starfish to create the perfect beachy garland for your Hilton Head Island home. Simply connect the items utilizing the existing holes in the shells with decorative twine for a unique coastal holiday decoration.
Seaside Ornament – Create your own seaside ornaments with a coastal scene by filling a clear glass ornament with sand, shells, and other tropical tidbits. Great for decorating your Island home or gift giving to your favorite beach bum.
Coastal Lighting – Instead of choosing the typical assorted 5-colored holiday lights, select blue and white lights instead. This new color theme adds a coastal feel to any décor and is the perfect way to showcase your Bluffton home.
Seashell Trees – Add coastal flair to any Low Country home with seashell Christmas trees. It’s so easy and they are so beautiful! Just grab cone-shaped floral foam in the size you’d like and add your favorite seashells with a hot-glue gun! It’s really that simple, yet so elegant it will dazzle your holiday guests!
The Dufrene Group Can Help You Make Every Christmas a Coastal Christmas
Are you ready to make every Christmas a coastal Christmas? The Dufrene Group can help with that! We’d love to show you homes for sale in Bluffton and homes for sale on Hilton Head Island so that you can spend every holiday with your toes in the sand! Contact us here today!
Holiday spending can really take a toll on our wallets, so it’s nice to know that some of the best things in life in the SC Low Country are FREE! We love living in the Hilton Head and Bluffton area and the holidays are so much better at the beach! Here are some of the amazing no-cost activities that are planned for the Hilton Head Island and Bluffton area!
Family Friendly Holiday Festivities
- Holiday Lights at Shelter Cove Towne Centre – Thru December 31 – Enjoy lights and special events at Shelter Cove throughout the season until December 31.
- Bluffton Christmas Parade – December 1 – The Annual Town of Bluffton Christmas Parade begins at 10 a.m. Saturday December 1st – Rain or shine in downtown Bluffton! The parade will start at the corner of Bridge and Pritchard Streets.
- Winter Wonderland Festival – December 7 – The Winter Wonderland Festival will be held at Shelter Cove Community Park on Friday, Dec. 7, 2018 from 4-8 p.m. There will be hayrides, carnival games, petting zoo, children’s parade, Mr. & Mrs. Claus, and more!
- Harbour Town Lights – Throughout December – Enjoy the lights! Stroll along the Harbour and enjoy the illuminated seasonal figures with the centerpiece of the display being a towering Christmas tree. Harbour Town is the perfect place to be this holiday season with live entertainment and activities.
- New Year’s Celebration –December 31 – Enjoy a festive New Year’s Eve golf ball drop from the top of the Harbour Town Lighthouse! Enjoy food, fun, entertainment and live music throughout Harbour Town, then count down the ball drop as we welcome the new year! There will be two drops: 7pm and midnight.
The team at the Dufrene Group wants to wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season! We are always here to help you find the perfect vacation house, oceanside condo, or permanent home in our beautiful area! Our team can check to see if you are Santa’s “Good List” and help you get qualified for a mortgage today! Nothing says Merry Christmas like a home for the holidays!
Just because we are a beach town doesn’t mean we don’t know how to celebrate the winter holidays! If you are lucky enough to be spending Thanksgiving on Hilton Head Island or across the bridge in beautiful Bluffton, you are in for a magical holiday in the SC Low Country. In fact, you might enjoy yourself so much that you decide you just must look at Bluffton homes for sale and Hilton Head Island homes for sale, so you can call beautiful area home.
Here are some of the festivities planned for Thanksgiving on Hilton Head Island and Bluffton, SC!
Turkey Trot – November 22 – Start Thanksgiving off right with your family at the 30th annual Turkey Trot. This family-oriented event invites people of all ages to participate in their “Fun Walk,” 5K and 10K races. The fun kicks off early and ends with a parking lot party, all of which is hosted by Island Recreation Association with help from Palmetto Running Company benefits the Island Recreation Association’s scholarship fund.
Community Thanksgiving Dinner – Thanksgiving Day on Hilton Head Island need not be a lonely day for anyone! All are welcome to share turkey, dressing and all the trimmings at a free dinner held at Hudson’s Seafood House on the Docks. This event is organized by St. Andrew By-The-Sea United Methodist Church and Hudson’s Seafood House on the Docks. Donations in the true spirit of Thanksgiving are greatly appreciated and will benefit The Deep Well Project and Bluffton Self Help.
Community Christmas Tree Lighting – November 24 – Santa, Mrs. Claus and their trusty reindeer Rudolph will help kick off the holiday season at the Town’s official Christmas Tree Lighting on the Arts Center festival grounds. Enjoy Christmas carols, holiday crafts, yummy treats and musical performances. This family friendly community festival is an Island tradition! Free and open to the public – on the Arts Center festival grounds!
The Dufrene Group Can Help You Call the SC Low Country Home
If you are ready to own a home in our little piece of paradise, the Dufrene Group can help. We are ready to show you homes for sale in Bluffton and homes for sale on Hilton Head Island today! Check out the available homes for sale here then contact us to set a time to see your favorite homes.
The holiday season is almost here and if you haven’t already, it is time to start thinking about holiday gifts for those on your list. One of the (many) perks of living in a small community like Bluffton, SC is the abundance of local stores and merchants who offer unique charm, character and…. gifts during the holiday season. Shopping at locally owned shops and restaurants is a great way to help our community thrive and get the special people in your life some wonderful Low Country gifts. As a Realtor in Bluffton, we are always looking for unique gifts for our clients, and we love supporting our local businesses!
Check out these fun stores in the Bluffton community and keep them in mind for Thanksgiving hostess gifts and Christmas gift giving!
- Bluffton General Store – Fresh cut bouquets, home accessories, decor, jewelry, gifts, candles, and local art are just a few of the many things you will find at this Bluffton store in Old Town. Everything you need for your Low Country home or office…and amazing gifts for everyone on your list!
- The Scottish Mill Shop – This fun shop offers a wide selection British food and products, jewelry, cashmere and wool Scottish knit sweaters, blankets and capes from Ireland and the U.K. as well as many Scottish, Tartan and Clan related items. The perfect place for a great gift or something to remind a European friend of home.
- Markel’s – Started in 1997 as a shop for cards, candies, and home accessories, Markel’s specializes in providing Bluffton with the best selection of holiday and seasonal gifts, as well as unique, handcrafted decorations to help celebrate any occasion. And of course, no visit to Markel’s is complete without their gorgeous handmade bows! Shopping tip – Markel’s offers free custom gift wrapping with every purchase, complete with one of their signature bows!
- Eggs ‘N’ Tricities – A staple of Old Town Bluffton for over 25 years, there’s a little something for everyone at this fun shop. They sell clothing for everyone from the hip, young chicks to mature hens, offer sought after jewelry everyone in Bluffton MUST have, and everything from inexpensive and fun to one-of-a-kind, statement pieces. There are some fabulous gifts at Eggs ‘N’ Tricities including art work by local artist, Margaret Golson Pearman that feature oysters, crabs and other Lowcountry-inspired subjects that are quite simply divine!
The Dufrene Group Real Estate Team in Bluffton, SC – For Home Buyers and Home Sellers
If you’d like to be a part of our wonderful community in Bluffton, SC, we’d love to have you! Contact the Dufrene Group today to see the available homes for sale in Bluffton, homes for sale on Hilton Head Island, or homes for sale in Beaufort, to find a new home in the beautiful SC Low Country.
If you are considering selling your home in Bluffton, Beaufort, or Hilton Head Island, you may have also considered forgoing a Bluffton Realtor and selling it yourself. While it may sound like a good idea to save a little bit of money on Realtor commissions, just be sure you are aware of everything you are getting in to.
Things such as paperwork, laws, and other legal requirements for homes for sale in Bluffton and homes for sale on Hilton Head Island can be quite mind boggling for those who don’t deal with it on a regular basis and can cost thousands of dollars if care is not taken. Although there can be some advantages to a “For Sale by Owner” (FSBO) situation, there are also risks that a seller (and buyer) should be aware of.
Pros of For Sale by Owner Homes
- No Realtor Commission – The commission for a Bluffton Realtor is typically 4 to 6% of the sale price of the home. Those who choose to do a FSBO can keep this money to use for other things they will need for the FSBO of their home.
- Friendly Buyer – If you are considering selling your home for sale in Bluffton to a friend or relative, a FSBO situation can help you avoid the real estate agents’ fees, so that the sellers can afford to offer the home at a lesser price to their friend or family and still make a decent profit.
- No Stress Home Showing – Not having a real estate agent allows you to have complete control over the showing of your home and lets you work around your schedule with no stress of pressing agents with clients on a deadline.
Cons of For Sale by Owner Homes
- Additional Costs – There are many costs that a seller may not be aware of that add up quickly. First and foremost, they need to pay a for a professional home inspection report to avoid the risk of accusations that they have not properly disclosed all the problems with the home and an expensive lawsuit that can follow. There is also the cost of advertising, landscaping, staging, and photography. Other costs include home appraisal and attorney fees, as well as services from title and escrow companies.
- It is Stressful! – Sellers and buyers can get overwhelmed by all of the many details that are involved in the transaction of selling/buying a home. For sellers who are emotionally attached to a home, it can be especially hard to maintain a professional stance during the selling process. When you have a Bluffton Realtor involved in the negotiation, they can relieve the burden and stress of negotiation and tiresome paperwork involved.
- Welcome to Your New Part Time Job – Selling a house is a lot of work! There is a reason why Bluffton Realtors get paid a commission. The sale of your Bluffton or Hilton Head Island home requires professionalism, dedication, and lots of time! At first it may seem easy, but when you add the demands of selling your home to your day job and demanding family schedule, it may add up to more than you can reasonably take on.
The Dufrene Group in Bluffton, SC Can Sell Your Home
The Dufrene Group is here to help you sell your Bluffton, Beaufort, or Hilton Head Island Home for the most money in the least amount of time possible. Click here for a FREE home evaluation so we can get your home listed and SOLD!
The home buying process is not necessarily a simple one. A lot of things are dependent on each other for everything to go well. Stress levels are high and first time homebuyers are anxious. It really can be an enjoyable experience though, if you work with the right Realtor in Bluffton. An experienced Bluffton Realtor can negotiate a great deal on your dream home and help you along the way with any tips, advice, and knowledge to make your Bluffton home purchase as smooth as possible.
Here are some of the common mistakes first time homebuyers make and advice on how to avoid them from Bluffton Realtor Anthony Dufrene of the Dufrene Group in Bluffton, SC.
Common Mistakes that First-time Homebuyers Make
- Failing to Get the Home Inspected – Having a home inspection for a property you are considering can potentially save you thousands of dollars in the future. Paying the cost of a home inspection now, which is around $350-$500, is pennies compared to potential issues the home may have such as problems with the foundation, plumbing, HVAC or electrical system.
- Untimely Correspondence with Lender – A common mistake by first time homebuyers in Bluffton, SC is that they fail to check their e-mail or messages regularly. Since the mortgage process is very time sensitive, it is crucial to approach the approval process with urgency and promptly respond to critical loan documentation that your mortgage company has requested. Also, be on the lookout for correspondence from your real estate agent, appraiser, and inspector.
- Choosing Not to Work with a Buyer’s Agent – Some first time homebuyers think that they either don’t need or can’t afford a buyer’s agent when looking at homes for sale in Bluffton and homes for sale on Hilton Head Island. This is not true at all! There is no charge to work with a buyer’s agent, as the seller pays the commission on the sale of the home. In addition, purchasing contracts can be filled with legal jargon that is confusing. Choose a buyer’s agent that will work hard to show you the properties in your budget and desired areas to find your favorite homes for sale in Bluffton.
- Ignoring Loan Assistance Programs – Be sure to take advantage of the various loan programs for first-time buyers from federal, state and local resources, as there are some programs designed to develop certain rural areas. The HUD website can give you information on loan and grants offered, and veterans should also be aware of the VA program. Assistance ranges from down payment help to closing costs, if you qualify. Be sure to ask Your Bluffton Realtor for program information.
The Dufrene Group Can Help First time Homebuyers with Homes for Sale in Bluffton and Hilton Head Island
The Dufrene Group is here to help with any questions 1st time homebuyers may have about the Bluffton area, loan process, local housing market, or home loan programs that you may have. Feel free to contact the team here via email or at (843) 707-2267 today to get pre-approved for a home mortgage and start your search of Bluffton homes for sale.